Note: Some of the Questions assume you’ve read, The Dance, Book 1 in the Restoration series.
- Which of the characters in this book could you most easily relate to and why?Why do you believe Tom hid the fact he lost his job from everyone for so long?
- Have you ever hidden something that happened to you or something you’ve done from friends and loved ones? If so, do you remember why?
- Do you think Tom was aware he had modeled his parenting and the way he treated his wife, Jean, after his father’s poor example?
- If not, why couldn’t he see it?
- If you think he was, why didn’t he make changes after his father had pretty much repented for the way he’d treated Tom, his mother and siblings?What mistakes do you feel Jean made during this time in the marriage? How would you have handled her circumstances differently?
- When it became clear to everyone what Tom had done, what was Jim’s initial reaction? What would have happened had Marilyn not stopped him from acting on this?
- What were some of the key insights Uncle Henry seemed to have into the real causes of this situation? Did any of them speak to you about things you, or someone you love, experienced growing up?
- What were some of your favorite moments in the book and why?
- What are some of the challenges you think Tom and Jean will face in the months ahead, now that their restoration has begun?